Many of our care management clients have families that live far away, do not have the time to take off work, or do not have families at all. We like to think of ourselves as “surrogate family members” or “private social workers”, there to advocate and oversee care when needed.
Our care management services are individually tailored to meet your unique needs. This may be as simple as doing a care assessment, making recommendations, implementing a plan and then checking in to provide oversight once a week, month or as needed.
Or, our care management services can be as in depth as:
- Helping to manage care transitions
- Assessing appropriate level of care, medical and psycho-social needs
- Providing advocacy in medical settings such as doctors visits, hospitals, and other settings
- Care coordination between services such as in-home caregivers, hospice, and home health
- Discharge planning from rehab facilities or hospitals
- Referrals and liaison to local services and professionals such as elder law attorneys, financial planners and medical specialists
- Oversight when family members are unable to be present or meet these needs